Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Military Madness

   This one really has me steamed.  If there is one thing that our Constitution specifically mentions as one of its limited tasks, it is the operation of a military to defend our country.  The current administration has been pushing numerous cuts to the Defense Department.
   Now we find out that those in the active military are going to be expected to contribute quite a bit more to their healthcare plan.  At the same time, civilians working in the Defense Department are not expected to make the same sacrifices.  This is because the civilians are unionized.  Need I say more.
   I consider this a slap in the face to those who put their lives on the line to serve our country.  Our President just gives the military lip-service.  I personally think he has very little respect for the military.  I think he has more respect for the Occupy Wall Street protesters.  The policies of the Obama administration have caused our nation's financial woes.  He certainly should not try to solve the problems he caused by punishing the military.
   Military personnel  are not permitted to speak unkindly about their Commander-in-Chief.  So I guess people like me have to do it for them.  We simply cannot tolerate another term for Barack Obama. 
   By the way, I wonder what our servicemen/women think about our country spending $750,000 to provide detainees a new soccer field at Gitmo.
   President Obama is bound and determined to make this country weaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment