Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Headlining Race

   The Trayvon Martin case is yet another case where race has been highlighted.  It seems to me that stories like this one are occasionally brought to the forefront intentionally.  It also seems to me that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton always seem to show up on this kind of scene, and they are constantly stirring the pot to get people all riled up.  It also seems to me that it is the Democrats who appear to purposely want our nation to have the perception that race is still a major problem in America. 
   This election year we have seen so many efforts on the part of the re-election campaign to appeal to certain groups of voters.  I think this is another one.
   It also seems to me that it is the Republicans who are not looking at the color of a person's skin as a determining factor in someone's worth.  Maybe it is time for America to be reminded that Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Republican.

No comments:

Post a Comment