Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Resurrection of Racism

   All right, maybe that is an exaggeration.  Racism is not dead.  However, I think it has at least been put in hospice care.  Yet, despite the fact that great strides have been made in our country during my lifetime in the area of race relations, there are some who would like to tell America that racism is still a big problem here.
   Let's face it.  The Democrats rely on victims in order to win.  They have to make victims of as many Americans as possible.  This election cycle has shown a ramped-up effort to increase the level of victimhood.  Women, Hispanics, African-Americans, gays, etc. have all been targeted by the Democrats.  They have all been portrayed by the Obama Campaign as victims who need to be helped by the government. 
   No mention is made of the advancements that have been made in America.  Most of the people I know do not spend their time worrying about what someone's race is.  They simply do not consider it as important.  They do not judge a person by the color of their skin.
   What is objectionable to me is the fact that conservative folks like me are painted as racists.  It is simply not true.  But I know why it is done.  Without conservatives being perceived as racists, it is not likely that the President will be re-elected.  In my opinion, it is not going to work this time around.  The President simply has no record to stand on.
   I wish people would put racism to its eternal rest in hell and not try to resurrect it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment