Friday, July 27, 2012

A Vent of Olympic Proportions

I'm an Olympic cynic these days.  Why?
1.  I'm not an NBC fan.
2.  The coverage will be used to promote NBC programming.
3.  The coverage will be heavy on events that have judges decide the winner.  Not a fan of those.
4.  I checked the DirecTV listings  for the Olympics.  In 138 listings, 59 of them included gymnastics.  Since I'm not a fan of that, it discourages my viewing.
5.  I'm old-school.  I liked it when athletes were all amateurs.
6.  There will be too much coverage of the celebrities who are attending.
7.  There's always too much "up close and personal" stuff and not enough of the actual athletic events.
8.  The opening ceremonies have become sensationalized...like the Super Bowl halftime show.  I don't watch that either.
I still am likely to tune in on occasion, but it will not take much to get me to tune out if I do not care for the coverage. You folks who are fans of the Olympics....enjoy. I will probably watch some baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment