Sunday, October 16, 2016

Why I Will Vote Trump - A Curmudgeonly Decision

I have finally reached a decision.  It has not come easy, and it's not a decision that makes me particularly proud.  I have discovered that I cannot even follow Ted Cruz's advice to vote my conscience.  I have to vote despite my conscience.

First of all, let me tell you some assumptions I make in reaching this decision.
  • I feel that a vote for a third party candidate is useless.  Either Trump or Clinton will win.  Also, there is only one such candidate I might consider, and he is not on the Missouri ballot.  
  • I feel that not voting for a Presidential candidate will just be a possible contribution to a Clinton victory.  I considered this option for a long time, but in recent days, the polls in Missouri indicate that it is not a sure thing that Clinton will lose the electoral votes here.
  • There are several characteristics that are true of both candidates.  They are both what I consider very immoral people.  They cancel each other out.  Both of them have foundations that appear to be shell games.  They cancel each other out.  Both of them have experienced illegal leaks intended to hurt their campaigns.  They cancel each other out.
 That leaves the following main reasons that I have decided to vote Trump.

1.  I will never ever vote for Hillary Clinton.  I will from here on refer to her as Unconstitutional Hillary.  Her actions and words indicate to me that she not only is willing to ignore the Constitution, but that she does not even like the Constitution.  She has even said a few things already that I would describe as saying that she was intending to violate it.  I can only picture her as putting one hand up to take the Oath of Office, having her other hand behind her back with her fingers crossed.  Her proposed policies could pretty accurately be described as diametrically opposed to mine.  She not only wants to make the Federal government bigger, she wants to make it huge.  America is already in incredibly deep debt.  We cannot afford to bring out the heavy equipment to dig us deeper.  Our children and grandchildren should have better.  Unconstitutional Hillary would not even consider the Constitution when she would nominate someone for the Supreme Court.  She would look for a Justice who simply agrees to make decisions in accordance with her agenda.  My idea of a great Justice was Scalia.

2.  The majority of the mainstream media has not only been attempting to destroy Trump, but they have also been painting Unconstitutional Hillary as having the qualifications of a saint.  Voting Trump would provide me with the satisfaction of sticking it to the media for their abominable behavior.  I can tolerate the media pointing out Trump's flaws, but they have to be blind to not see Unconstitutional Hillary's flaws.  They are simply propping her up, and she is so flawed, she needs plenty of propping.

3.  The above two factors were still not enough to get me to vote Trump, but I heard a comment recently.  It was said that Trump is impeachable.  That by itself is not surprising, but it becomes significant when you compare it to Unconstitutional Hillary.  She is NOT impeachable.  Just like President Obama was not impeachable.  It was always argued that we could never impeach the first black President.  Plus, the media would never tolerate it.  Likewise, Unconstitutional Hillary is not impeachable.  It would be argued that we could never impeach the first woman President.  And again, the media would never tolerate it.
     On the other hand, Trump is definitely impeachable.  The Democrats would definitely love to see his demise.  The media would love to see Trump impeached.  And even some Republicans would go along with the idea. 
     Therefore, I think I can live with giving Trump his shot.  He may surprise me and become a wonderful President.  However, if he does something outrageous or unconstitutional, it is quite likely that he could be removed.  That would leave Pence to take over.  I can easily live with a Pence Presidency. 

So I am going to vote Trump.  I hope you noticed that I did not say that I would vote FOR Trump.  I said I would vote Trump.  There is no way that I can actively go out and try to talk people into voting for Trump, trying to convince you that he is a wonderful candidate.  He is not.  I do at least agree with him on some issues.  On the other hand, I would be glad to go into all kinds of reasons why you should not vote for Unconstitutional Hillary.

I know the die-hard Trump supporters will not be thrilled to hear me talk about a Trump impeachment, but at this point, they should be glad that I intend to place my mark next to The Donald's name.  And I might say, they should probably not give me a hard time about this decision.  It wouldn't take too much to take away that vote in order to spite any obnoxious Trumpsters.

As for Unconstitutional Hillary supporters go, I have already had them attempt to encourage me to not vote for a Presidential candidate.  I know I don't look very smart, but I'm smart enough to know that they are trying to manipulate me in order to have their desired Clinton Presidency.

One final thought:  I don't want Bill Clinton to return to the scene of his crime either.


No comments:

Post a Comment