Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Venting - Part 2


  • One good thing about the GOP being the side that lost is that the result was certainly not going to end with a violent reaction.
  • Now that the election is over, the Democrats can now safely turn off their conservative speech and return to their very liberal actions.  It's to be expected.
  • I cannot imagine how the GOP could have put forth a more squeaky clean ticket, yet the combination of the Obama campaign and the mainstream media still managed to convince enough of the electorate that they were monsters.  
  • The GOP also put forth the kind of ticket which was designed to deal with America's biggest problems.....against a ticket which is completely unqualified in that department.  Yet again, the Obama campaign and the mainstream media turned the race into one about contraception and other issues that do not matter.
  • If I didn't care so much about our country, I'd tell the Republicans in Congress to let the Democrats have everything they want and then sit back to watch the country go down the toilet so they lose all credibility.
  • The Stock Market certainly did not act as if they liked the results today.
  • I am ready to admit how wrong I have been.  I always thought that there were still plenty of citizens left in America to defend good, old-fashioned American values.  I was wrong.  I now live in a different America.  It is a short-sighted, live-for-today America.  This did not happen overnight.  It apparently has been around for a while.  I just did not recognize it.  I do still have faith that this trend can be reversed, but it's going to take a lot of work to change the culture, and it may take that 2X4 smack on the head from God himself to make it happen.
  • I mourn for my grandchildren's future.
  • Unemployment is high.  Growth is extremely slow.  People said the economy is the biggest problem.  The American people re-elected President Obama anyway.  This points to the fact that this election was mostly a popularity contest.
  • The Libya story is an outrage, yet, between Romney not focusing on it and the press shoving it under the rug, it was not the issue it should have been.  I now wonder if President Obama will ever be held accountable for it.
  • Green energy companies failing and Fast and Furious also did not get raised as important issues either.  
  • President Obama has absolutely divided our country into so many factions.  Yet he proclaims how he is going to unite us, and apparently over half of America believes him.
  • In fact, America obviously believes a lot more things that he says than I do.  His description of America in the last few days before the election was a description of an alternative world that wasn't close to reality.  OK, I'll say it.  He lied to America, and they believed the lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment