Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Singing the Anthem Together

   In my opinion, a National Anthem (not just ours) is similar to a hymn like "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God".  It is not meant to be sung as a solo.  It is supposed to be an inspirational song and meant to be sung by many people together who by doing so proclaim their loyalty.
   I think that if I was ever offered the opportunity to sing the National Anthem, I would introduce it with words similar to these:  "The National Anthem is not about ME, it's about WE, the people.  Please join me in singing it boldly."
   Imagine with me, if you will, what a great experience it would be if a stadium full of people would loudly proclaim their love of their country by filling the building with thousands of proud voices.  It would be a moving experience, and it would maybe.....just maybe...begin the process of bringing our country back together again.
   I feel very strongly about this.  If you agree, please share this post with your friends.  Maybe we can start a movement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment